Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Denisse Mendoza

Denisse Mendoza is currently a student enrolled in the fall semester of Oxnard College at age nineteen. She was born in Ventura California with her parent’s background coming from Mexican descent. She is attending Oxnard College to start her education planning to transfer to San Diego in the future to major in Art. She lives her life as a student at Oxnard College and a part time job at Best Buy in the cell phone sales department. Her motivation to be a successful person in life comes from her older sister Araceli and from within her as well, for her family has never attended a university before. She also does it to be someone in life and not a bum living in the streets. Adventurous, creative and driven are the words that she describes herself as the person she currently is in life. The reason why she chose to attend Oxnard College is because it is a small intimate campus. The only things that she sees can be improved at Oxnard College are sports, student involvement and a theater department which it lacks on.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this goes against the assignment's requirement but personally, I preferred the brevity of this interview over some of the others I've read. Furthermore, I'm on board with Denisse in one thing, I would be very pleased I turned out not being a bum in the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I don't wanna be a bum either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the fact that the campus is small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree also we need to do more work on the arts department, and they still want to cut from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to Ms. Mendoza on being the first in her family to attend a University. Sounds like she's well on her way to getting there. If you can please let Ms. Mendoza know that as of this semester Oxnard College has a theater club. It is ran by Professor Amy Edwards. There is a theater club meeting this thursday Oct 6th in LA-6 at 3pm if anyone is interested. The club is still looking for interested students.

    ReplyDelete